"As a volunteer at Llanrumney Hall Pantry, I see it as providing the essential need of affordable shopping for local residents. Most of all however, I see the emergence of community spirit in Llanrumney which is much needed in these difficult times."
-Lynn, Pantry Volunteer
"In the three months that I have been volunteering at Llanrumney Hall, the experience has helped me so much. Since I began volunteering in the Gardening Club polytunnel, I have seen my health, wellbeing and confidence improve and be restored...so much so that I had the confidence to start applying for jobs and am delighted to now say that I have secured one!"
- Gardening Club Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers in the community to help us with the following:
- The day to day running of The Hall
- Help with our historic research and displaying the history of Llanrumney Hall for the wider community.
- Assisting in the historic tours of The Hall.
- Helping our Gardening Club with the Polytunnel.
- Arts & crafts through making items for the Trust and teaching skills to the community.
- Youth volunteers (aged 13 - 18) on Wednesdays 5pm - 7pm and Sundays 3pm - 5pm.
- Helping with offloading our Pantry van on Monday 3pm - 5pm and Wednesday 9:30am - 11:30am. Note - must be able to lift heavy things.
- Helping to clean the Pantry van on a Monday or Wednesday.
- Helping with care-taker responsibilities.
- Handing out leaflets in the Llanrumney area.
- And anything else that might help us improve our services to the people of Llanrumney.
By helping us, you will gain:
- Training in community center work.
- Practical experience in customer service.
- Opportunities to meet other people and develop on your confidence and communication skills.
- Improve your CV and enhance your employability.
- Job references.
Some volunteering may require a DBS Check (at no cost whatsoever) through the charity.
For more information regarding roles please contact us on 02920 001441 or via e-mail at email@example.com